This accessibility statement concerns the caruna.fi website (www.caruna.fi), and it was prepared on 31 December 2020. The Act on the Provision of Digital Services, which applies to the service, requires public online services to be accessible.
An external consultancy has evaluated the accessibility of the service
Status of the accessibility of the digital service
Meets the accessibility requirements in part.
The website does not yet conform to the requirements in full. Efforts will be made to address the accessibility shortcomings in 2022.
Perceivable information and user interface
- The website may contain multiple images that do not have "alt" attributes. (WCAG 1.1.1)
Operable user interface and navigation
- The electricity connection order form (plus.caruna.fi/en/new-connection) is partly inaccessible by keyboard. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The filtering options in the right-hand column of the search results (Category, Year, Topic) must be read aloud by a screen reader before the user reaches the actual search results. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- The electricity connection order form is difficult to fill in with a keyboard or screen reader because the form requires the location to be marked on a map, even if the "Address" field is completed, before moving to the next step. (WCAG 2.1.2)
- The social media feeds in the newsroom (caruna.fi/en/newsroom) cannot be skipped using a keyboard because the pointer goes through the entire list before moving to the next list. (WCAG 2.1.2)
Understandable information and user interface
- The appearance and content of the footer may change on different web pages. (WCAG 3.2.3)
- Internal and external links are not always visually differentiated on the website. (WCAG 3.2.4)
- It is possible to enter the wrong types of data into the electricity connection order form and then submit it. The OK symbol by a text field gives the false impression that the information entered in the field has been validated. (WCAG 3.3.1)
- Error messages on forms are not always visible to screen readers, which prevents some users from moving to the next step and submitting the form. (WCAG 3.3.1)
Robust content and reliable interpretation
- Some user interface elements do not always pass on their active state to the screen reader. (WCAG 4.1.2)
Feedback on accessibility
Please send us your feedback on accessibility to caruna.plus(at)caruna.fi.
If you notice any accessibility problems on the website, send feedback to us (the website administrator) first. It may take up to 14 days for us to respond. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive or if you do not receive a response within two weeks, you can submit a report to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland Opens in a new window. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland provides detailed information on how to submit a report and how the matter is processed.
Contact details of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility supervision unit
Phone switchboard: +358 295 016 000
Validity of cookies
Some of the cookies we use on our website expire at the end of the session and some are persistent. Session cookies are deleted when the user closes the browser. Persistent cookies remain on the user's device for a certain time or until the user deletes them. The validity of persistent cookies varies depending on the cookie, and it may usually be up to two years. The cookies used on the website and the periods of validity are listed in the cookie settings.